The purpose of this competition is to encourage and give recognition to graduate and undergraduate-level scholarship in the discipline of Communication and to offer students the opportunity to present their work at the annual Pennsylvania Communication Association (PCA) hosted by Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania, September 29 – 30, 2023.
Theme: “Sustaining Communities”
2023 Graduate and Undergraduate Writing Competition
- You must be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate Communication program at any Pennsylvania college or university. Students who graduated within the last academic year may also participate.
- First and Second cash prizes will be awarded for both categories, undergraduate and graduate, and the conference fee will be waived.
- Awardees will present their papers in a special session at the Conference.
- Non-winners may still be considered for presentation in other areas of the Conference.
Guidelines for Submission
- Papers submitted to this competition should fall within any area of Communication study recognized by the National Communication Association.
- Papers should be typed, double-spaced, and 8 to 20 pages in length. Please paginate.
- Submit to the Google form: https://forms.gle/qCFjBZFCn6ASYBmW7
- Be certain that your name does not appear on any page of your paper including in the header or footer.
The Conference registration fee will be waived for the winners. Transportation, housing, and other meal expenses are the responsibility of the participant. Awardees are required to become members of the PCA.
DEADLINE: JUNE 10, 2023
Questions, please contact: Dr. Maryl Roberts
First Place – $100.00
Second Place – $50.00