Call for Papers, Panels, and Proposals
ANNUAL PRE-CONFERENCE OF THE PENNSYLVANIA COMMUNICATION ASSOCIATION
“The Ethics of Peace”
Friday September 23, 2016, 8am – 5pm
University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
450 Schoolhouse Road
Johnstown, PA 15904
David H. Levy, PhD
Co-discoverer of the comet Shoemaker–Levy 9 in 1993
“Comets as Portents of Peace”
23, 2016, 5pm
Submission Deadline: September 9, 2016
The pre-conference of the Pennsylvania Communication Association (PCA) will be held September 23, 2016 at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. The theme “The Ethics of Peace” invites all research methodologies as they relate to the philosophy of communication. We welcome a range of philosophical perspectives.
Please send submissions to Kristen Lynn Majocha, Pennsylvania Communication Association, Vice-President, electronically at KLYNN@PITT.EDU No later than September 9, 2016.
Papers no longer than 25 pages in length are preferred. Abstracts will be considered. Submissions should include:
· A detachable title page with the title of the paper and the author’s affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, email address, and institutional affiliation.
· The word “debut” marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at any communication convention or conference. The word “student” for all graduate or undergraduate authored papers.
· A one-page abstract on the second page, with the Statement of Professional Responsibility (see below) included at the bottom of this page.
· If the paper has multiple authors, please indicate who will be presenting at the conference.
· Submissions of panel proposals should include:
· A thematic title for the program.
· Names of the chairs and respondents.
· Names, mailing addresses, telephone number, email address, and institutional affiliations of all participants.
· Titles and abstracts of no more than 150 words for each paper or presentation.
· A Statement of Professional Responsibility (see below).
· A detailed rationale for the program or panel.
STATEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY Please include the following Statement of Professional Responsibility under the paper or panel abstract:
“In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at PCA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.”
Each classroom is equipped with a PC (with Internet access) which is connected to an overhead LCD projector. Please submit special AV requests at the time of notification of acceptance to present at the conference.
Registration information will be posted soon on the PCA website at www.pcasite.org
Several hotels are available very near the campus or a short driving distance. Please contact the hotels directly for booking purposes.
Sleep Inn (1.1 mi from Pitt-Johnstown)
453 Theatre Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904
Quality Inn and Suites (1.1 mi from Pitt-Johnstown)
455 Theatre Dr, Johnstown, PA 15904
Hampton Inn Johnstown (2.1 mi from Pitt-Johnstown)
129 Commerce Ct, Johnstown, PA 15904
Kristen Lynn Majocha, Pennsylvania Communication Association, Vice-President